B2|DSF Service is a powerful, efficient and interactive tool that allows IP-based application sharing within collaborative sessions.
The application is a client to the B2|Collaboration and Integration Server, and also supports sharing of information and knowledge over the network, such that complex work processes can be done in a cross disciplinary team.
The application takes advantage of the extensive logging and documentation features of the B2 framework, and is compatible with B2|Virtual View and B2|Virtual Arena.
B2|DSF Service supports one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many collaborative scenarios, and has built in features that allow users to apply different and asymmetric mitigation strategies in collaborative scenarios with limited bandwidth.
B2|DSF Service allows desktop sharing from an unmanned workstation to any B2|Virtual View or B2|Virtual Arena client, without the use of traditional hardware-based screen controllers or complex cabling/switching systems.
B2|DSF Service represents a software- and IP-based alternative to RGB-cables and proprietary black-boxes, with substantial higher degree of flexibility, removing the geographic borders between users that needs to collaborate in real-time by using the IP-network. Since it is utilizing B2|Collaboration and Integration Server, collaboration can take place within projects and sessions, providing the required structure and envelope.
- Share applications in both 2D and 3D
- No special hardware required
- Remote view-only or full remote interaction capabilities
- Support for high-performance application sharing of 2D and 3D applications with view only or full remote control from multiple participants
- Asymmetric resolutions support within collaborative sessions
- Resolution independent
- Sharing of region, desktop, logical window
- Sharing of multiple monitors
- Scaling and resizing support
- Multi-windowing on any surface
- Compatible with B2|Virtual View and B2|Virtual Arena
RELEVANT WORK FLOWS
- Drilling support at rig or installation
- Operations monitoring in onshore operations centers
- Collaboration within discipline networks
- Main office to field office collaboration
- Remote control of multiple systems from a central location
- Real-time operations center or collaboration rooms
- Accessing office workstation from any location
The B2|DSF Service is one of the components in the B2 suite. The B2 suite also contains the required server and integration components, such as the B2|Collaboration and Integration Server, B2|Meta Model and B2|Integration Modules.
This common infrastructure serves end-user application clients such as the B2|Integrated Well Planning, B2|Integrated Operations, B2|Virtual View and B2|Virtual Arena.
Click on the link below for the PDF-datasheet.